Youtube paid content sharing allowed?

hey! i bought a movie on my youtube account that i want to show my friends on here. is it possible for me to do so without them having bought it on their account as well? or does everyone need to have bought the movie in order for us to watch together in sync?

Hi & thanks for your feedback! On Watch2Gether each users has an individual connection to the video platform you are watching content from. Therefore each user has to be logged in individually as well. Beside this, i’m not sure if Youtube allows embedding purchased content at all. Do you see a video on Watch2Gether when you paste a link to a video you bought into the search bar?

When I get to the movie it does give me the option to watch it! Though I suppose that’s because of the browser connection to my Youtube account. But considering your answer then I don’t think that’ll be enough for my friends to see the movie as well, without being logged on as well.

Thanks for that feedback! I try to run some tests with paid content.

You’re asking if piracy is allowed.
Short answer is no.

Yes, just to clarify that, on Watch2Gether every user need his/her own authorization that watch content.