Welcome Rabb.it Users

I know that quite a few former rabb.it users are now on Watch2Gether. How do you like Watch2Gether so far? Which features are you missing?

Florian

7 Likes

Hi , I live in the USA and my Boyfriend lives in Northern Ireland , We use this platform everyday !! We Love it

3 Likes

Hi I live in florida. I hope this website starts allowing multiple viewing platforms eventually aside from youtube.

3 Likes

@cacailf, @sequoia.yahia thanks for your feedback. Watch2Gether actually supports a couple of more platforms already. Click on the app icon next to the search input on top of the page to see them!

3 Likes

@domlarirte it’s the button on the left side of the search bar at the top of the page.

Hello
Watch2gether is good but it’s not the best … It would be nice if we could add our friends here and not only share the link to watch.
Also it would be great if we could watch from other sites like google drive , maga , openload and others .
The most important thing is that it will great if the only one who can controller the room is the one who opened it .

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Watch2Gether will only integrate platforms directly that have an official API and host only legal and licenced content.

Watch2Gether does provide flexible moderation features which can be enabled by the owner (creator) in the room settings (click on the settings icon in the top right). You can enable or disable moderation for different feature sets such as the player, playlists etc…

2 Likes

rabb.it was by far the best website for browsing the internet together. Sadly Watch2Gether is very limited as you can only Stream youtube or music streaming platforms. Adding the ability to browse the whole internet would improve Watch2Gether greatly.

3 Likes

It is so far the best alternative I could find but I would like a friends list feature as well as a public room option. It would also be nice to have a remote feature the way rabb.it did so that it is easier to manage what is played and avoid people interrupting videos midway.

Thanks for your feedback! Did you try to use the moderation feature yet? You find it in the room settings (settings icon in the top right of the room). Scroll down to “Moderation” and as the owner of a room you can limit control to different features of the site.

1 Like

How do I find a room to join, to watch whatever they happen to be watching? Are there no rooms run by others which we can then browse through and join? On Rabb.it we could do this - that was actually the main attraction of it for me. You mean the only way I can get into a room is to wait for someone’s invite? But what if I’m new and don’t know anybody, and so there’s nobody to invite me in?

3 Likes

My Terrace House re-watch group is generally enjoying w2g. However, the synchronization for Netflix is entirely unreliable, and we’ve generally had to resort to calling out times in the text chat for every single episode we watch. The pop-out is bad primarily because is reduces the size of text chat particularly for laptops - one of users can only see four lines at a time once she squeezes the browser window over to the left. I think I’ve read that you’re attempting to remove the pop-out, but if it’s easier to create a way minimize the w2g sync window instead, please do that - it’s taking up way too much real estate and is entirely useless for control since the search field disappears when the browser window is squeezed to the left.

5 Likes

Hi @hearthrose thanks for your input! I agree that W2gSync does not yet work on all websites. There is an update coming out soon which addresses the sync issues but it remains a sperate window for now.

3 Likes

The extension received an update today. Make sure you are running version 6.0!

4 Likes

lowkey wished that when i type a link it’ll send me to the page instead of to my profile

6 Likes

When u Type the link in a room or the Invite link? I went to a link to a Deleted Room & it sent be back to my Profile

1 Like

Yes, that’s true. When a room is deleted or the URL is incomplete the user is directed to the profile page.

2 Likes

I like the way that the site doesn’t require a membership. I have some friends who are equal parts shady and paranoid, so this is great.

3 Likes

Hello
THe extention is sort of pointless- it does not share video thats on the screen it brings the person to the website that the video is on- its totally different process. its ptless say if video is playing from ur amazon account or playing a local vidoe file within chrome like rabbit ext allowed

5 Likes