Videos keep rewinding or skipping

When my friend and I watch stuff on W2G, the videos keep rewinding to certain points, sometimes multiple times in a row, and sometimes, they’ll skip ahead to near the end. Every time, it says my friend does it, but when I ask him, he says he doesn’t. Please, can you fix this! This has been happening with every single update you’ve given Watch2Gether. And quite frankly, I’m not happy.

Thanks a lot for getting in touch. Which browser are you and your friend using? Are there just the two of you in the room?

We use Google Chrome. And yes, there are only 2 of us.

Thanks i need to ask a couple of questions because i can not reproduce this behavior on my side.

Is you friend seeing the skips as well? Maybe you could try the following.

• Create a new Watch2Gether room.
  • Open an “Incognito Window” in Chrome and load the room in that window
  • You should now have two windows with the same room, so you watch2gether with yourself.

Play a couple of videos in this setup. Do you see the same skips as you were watching with your friend?

Yes. I’m afraid I do, Florian.

Thanks for trying that out. Can you provide some more details?

• How often do you see this skips (one every minute, one per hour, …)
  • is the video always skipping forward or backwards as well?

Sometimes it’ll be one per minute, sometimes in longer periods, and yes, it always skips forwards AND backwards as well.

And you always see the icon popping up in the top right corner of the player indicating that the skip was caused by the other user?

Yes, everytime the skip occurs the icon appears, and my friend says he had nothing to do with it.

Is your friend seeing the skips as well?

Yes, he is. And he says he has nothing to do with it.

Thanks once more. I can still not reproduce this behavior but i’ll keep an eye on it. Let me know if you have anymore details that might be useful to reproduce the issue.