Video Quality doesn't change

Solution: Change Video quality in Youtube first then it will be changed in W2G

1 Like

Late to the thread but get Youtube Auto HD for Chrome works like a charm for me

As of today, I still have this issue on Chrome.
Clearing cache, opening the video on YT first, the Auto HD extension all influence nothing.
The videos on W2G are all really bad quality every time, while on Youtube it automates to 1080p. Please try to find a fix for this, cause I want to be able to watch stuff with friends at a decent quality, not pixels.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I’ll have another look at the quality settings when i work on the player the next time!

Yeah I also have problems watching YouTube videos in good quality. Im using Opera GX and Im not able to change the quality. it looks like 480p and it doesnt change anything when clicking on 1080p. It stays potatoish sadly…

Thanks! I‘ll run some tests with GX and check if it’s an specifically with browser.

1 Like

i have the exact same issue with firefox, whatever i do, the quality in watch together stays at 480p, pls fix :expressionless:

Currently using Opera GX, going onto Youtube.com and changing the quality seems work for changing the quality. Interestingly though, W2G seems to save the quality of watched/buffered sections.

For example, if I start the video and watch the first 10 seconds on 144p, then switch the quality on Youtube to 1080p and click on somewhere in the video that hasn’t been buffered, say 5 min, it’ll show 5 min at 1080p, but if I go back to the first 10 seconds it’ll still show as 144p. W2G seems to save the buffered sections of the video instead of reloading them.

The whole page must be refreshed to reset the video buffer.

Thanks for your input. It looks like YouTube’s player tries to find a balance between used bandwidth and video quality. The embedded player seems to have a lower priority for quality than the native player on YouTube. Do you experience the same quality issue when watching videos on other sites using the embedded player? For example: https://listenonrepeat.com/

Interestingly, it does behave the exact same way

Thanks for checking that out. I assume Youtube is giving less priority to quality when content is watched on embedded players.

For me ist was Enhancer for Youtube, you can set the playback quality for embeded and popout Player, turn this off or set it to a Higher resolution worked for me.