Oops, you appear to be offline, this app requires an internet connection.

Hi, I have a friend that every time he try to access www.watch2gether.com he always get the same error: “Oops, you appear to be offline, this app requires an internet connection.” However, when he uses a VPN or access the website using his phone the site loads normally. He has already used the cmd “ping” command to see if there was some error, but no errors at all. He tried to use other browsers too, but he got the same error.

Would be interesting to see the output of “ping www.watch2gether.com

Did your friend try to delete browser cache & cookies?

There is the CMD log (it’s in Brazilian Portuguese):
C:\Users\Felipe>ping www.watch2gether.com

Disparando watch2gether.com [158.69.246.185] com 32 bytes de dados:
Resposta de 158.69.246.185: bytes=32 tempo=174ms TTL=50
Resposta de 158.69.246.185: bytes=32 tempo=184ms TTL=50
Resposta de 158.69.246.185: bytes=32 tempo=174ms TTL=50
Resposta de 158.69.246.185: bytes=32 tempo=180ms TTL=50

Estatísticas do Ping para 158.69.246.185:
Pacotes: Enviados = 4, Recebidos = 4, Perdidos = 0 (0% de
perda),
Aproximar um número redondo de vezes em milissegundos:
Mínimo = 174ms, Máximo = 184ms, Média = 178ms

And yes, he deleted the cookies and cache but the error still there. And the most bizarre fact is that the error appears in every single browser (expect when using VPN or accessing via phone)

Yes, this is weird. The ping works as expected. Could is be that the user used some kind of security software on the system. (Norton or the like?) Is the system time set correctly?

Yes, he time system is set correctly, and he does not have any kind of antivirus. The most strange fact happened yesterday: during the morning, the website loads normally, but around 6PM (GMT -3) the website stop loading, and the Chrome just give the “ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED” error, and in other browsers it keeps appearing “Oops, you appear to be offline, this app requires an internet connection”

Does he have a custom nameserver configured in the browser? If you can send me his IP address as private message I can check if I see something in the log files.