Fullscreen control

Hey there!
I was wondering if it would be possible (and if so to suggest it) to have full screen controls for volume, video position, play next/previous video in a playlist, etc. While I enjoy the chat functionality I generally am on Discord with my friends when using watch2gether and so I’ll throw the video onto my secondary monitor and just let it play. However having to click back into that monitor and then exit fullscreen to adjust volume of the video or to skip videos is kind of annoying and it makes sense to me to have some controls present there.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for your input. I agree that this would be a useful feature. Right now my focus is to stabilize the new layout and to fix the remaining bugs. But i’ll keep this in mind for the future!

I reposted this and you said the same thing about 2 years ago, at least play/paus and volume in fullscreen

You got me on that one… The reason why i postponed it is that there were certain performance issues on some devices when the whole player including the controls is put into full screen. But lets give it another try with the new layout. I just enabled the controls in full screen. Please have a look and let me know how it works for you.

1 Like

I’ve tried on a few browsers (chrome, firefox, edge, opera) and I can only fast-forward and rewind the video. Seems like the buttons are under the screen if it makes sense.

Here’s imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/2YJ139N

Thanks a lot for your test. Which screen resolution do you have on the monitor you are switching to full screen on.

my resolution is: 1920x1080

is it going forward with the fullscreen options (volume, paus/play and fullscreen buttons)? :slight_smile:

I’ll have another look at it next week! :wink:

Hi,

I’ve also been keeping tabs on the fullscreen controls, it would be a really helpful feature. if we can get that, the experience using this website will be exponentially better. I hope we can get this feature soon.

Hi there and thanks for your feedback. There is currently a little bit of a conflict… Some users would like to have controls in full screen and others are annoyed by them and would like to have a clear screen. I’m still thinking about a solution. Maybe to show them only on mouse movement…

I see, how about just having keyboard controls? Kind of like when we pause on YouTube itself using the spacebar? And fast forward and rewind using the left and right directional keys? I’m not sure if this will be possible. Another option could be simply clicking the video’s screen would pause it? I’m not sure if these ideas would work. I really love using watch2gether especially since it’s a way to spend time with my friends that are far away.

I like the idea with the keyboard controls! Will think about it!

Thank you so much for all your hard work and for being responsive. I really appreciate it.