Chat gets very slow, along with videos, since you've let the chat save from the very beginning. (New Update)

When there’s too many texts in the chat, watch has a habit of being SUPER laggy. I did enjoy it better when messages were deleted at some point to keep the chat fast and the videos responsive.
I don’t know if it’s just me, but having to refresh your page constantly isn’t ideal. Is there a setting I could use that lets texts be deleted, or could that be added?

Hi and thanks a lot for your feedback. About how many messages to you have in chat window when you start to experience the issues? Which browser on which operating system are you using?

Hello, and thank you for answering me. I’m using Google Chrome on my laptop, (and I only sort of understand what you’re asking me when it comes to browsers and operating systems. Ahah.) Well, when I’m in a room with my friend, it usually gets to about, ah, I’d say maybe thirty messages before everything gets to be a bit slow. After that, messages start to act up, and the videos are effected as well. When typing, the letters come in a bit later than when you text, and it only gets worse from there. Soon, it gets bad enough to where you have to refresh the page entirely to take away all the texts and start over. That’s why I was just wondering if you were ever considering bringing back the whole ‘delete messages after a certain number’ thing.

Thanks a lot for the info. That does not sound like a good user experience. Sorry for that. Is your laptop a bit older?

It’s alright! I just wanted to see what could be done about it. My laptop isn’t that old at all, really.

just wanna say that I am also experiencing this same problem, chatting with my partner and then everything starts to get super slow until you reload the whole page

Thanks for your input. About how many messages do you have in the chat window when it gets slow? Do you and your partner both experience the slowdown?

For everyone experiencing this issue: I need to know which browser / version / operating system you are using to trace down this issue. If you are not sure, this site helps you to figure out the details: