Better Moderators

When you click moderation, you should allow certain people to be able to change songs, and give them the privilege versus just you being able to.

1 Like
When you click moderation, you should allow certain people to be able to change songs, and give them the privilege versus just you being able to.

I definitely agree that it would be a useful feature to add in the dialogue that opens when you click on any given user. Currently it only allows to ban that user, but it could also add the option of making them a moderator as well.
Cheers.

Thank you both for your input!

Not to -super- Necro, but I was curious if this is something that might still planned, or already available (that I’m not seeing)?

Also, excited to see where W2G goes. Since Rabb.it is falling, I’ve seen been searching for alternatives, and this is the best I’ve seen. Trying out the w2g sync in a bit here!

1 Like

Thanks for your input. I’m constantly monitoring the feedback to prioritize the features that will be added. Watch2Gether was initially designed for smaller groups that do not need sophisticated moderation features but if the usage changes this might get a higher priority. Are you in need of this?

I have a decent size group of friends that gets particularly big when doing movie nights or the like. In that group there’s a few rowdy people that while I enjoy them, I know there’s times that they go over the top. We also have friends of friends who join in and arent so closely related to some of us. For myself, it would be nice if there was some moderation allowed (similar to twitch or discord) that could make this situation less frustrating. I’d prefer to just restrict the abilities of a few, or raise the abilities, rather than start any drama by banning people altogether or being forced to do everything on my own.

That’s my priority 2 for me though, what I’d appreciate most of all is chat on w2g sync. I only have one monitor, so when full screening outside of w2g, or even when tabbed, chatting is very cumbersome.

Thanks for your input! I now understand your need for a more granular moderation system. The addition of an embedded chat to W2gSync is indeed a nice idea and should not be too hard to do. I’ll try to add that the next time I work on the W2gSync extension!